Choosing the type of Funeral
One of the main decisions about a funeral is to choose between burial or cremation.
- The cost of cremation is generally lower than that of burial.
- The funeral service can be held in a church or other location before moving on to the crematorium or most crematoriums provide a suitable service room.
- You can choose the final resting place of the ashes. Common choices include to scater them in the garden on remembrance, have them interred in a local cemetery or keep them in an urn.
- If you have a family plot we can arrange for this to be re-opened.
- You may wish to reserve plots if your family wish to be buried together.
- After the burial you may wish to place a memorial headstone or add an inscription to an existing headstone.